There are 10 skills that are highly valued by the market.
Business and Students often complain that university and school does not prepare them for the future. The results of a survey from the National Association of Colleges and Employers shows what are the critical skills needed in the market:
- Decision making & Problem solving
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize work (Planning)
- Ability to obtain and process information (Information Literacy)
- Ability to analyze quantitative data
- Technical knowledge related to the job
- Computer software programs
- Create and edit written reports
- Ability to sell or influence others
In this series I will “MOOC based self-education degree” in “Essential Business Skills”. The goal is to brush my own skills up and create a comprehensive program available to everyone. In the next week I will start with communication.
The idea is inspired by http://dailyplanit.com