Can help with:
- log everything
- so much data
- so many devices
- not feasible to save to elasticsearch first (real time!)
Stream analysis with reactive programming
In a data driven architecture the processors for the high performance message bus benefit from being written in Rx.
Who use es it?
- Mantis is designed for operational use cases where message guarantee levels vary by jobs. So, some jobs can choose at-most once guarantees while others choose at least once guarantees via Kafka. We are able to saturate the NIC on the servers for operational use case with very little CPU usage.
- Bulit-in back pressure that allows Mantis to seamlessly switch between push, pull or mixed modes based on the type of data sources
- Support a mix of long running perpetual analysis jobs along with user triggered short lived queries in a common cluster
- Since the volume of data to be processed at Netflix varies tremendously by time of day being able to autoscale workers in a job based on resource consumption & the ability to scale the cluster as a whole was a key requirement. None of the existing streaming frameworks provided such support.
- We wanted more control over how we schedule the resources so we can do smarter allocations like bin packing etc. (that also allows us to scale the jobs)
- deep integration with Netflix ecosystem that allows filtering event stream at the source of data.
Also published on Medium.